Buttery Brined Salmon Filets
Brining is a wonderful method for fast, flavorful salmon fillets. The cool thing about this quick brine is that it only takes 15 minutes. Let the fillets brine while you heat up the grill, set the table, and prepare a salad. Then the fillets cook directly on a nonstick skillet (or when I do many fillets I’ll use my pancake griddle) and are done in under 15 minutes.
Why’d I call these fillets “buttery” when there is no butter involved? This you’ll understand once you take that first bite – the buttery quality of the brined salmon is impossible to miss. And it’s oh so enjoyable! I recommend making enough to enjoy leftovers the next day.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup kosher (coarse) salt
1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets, skins on
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the water, kosher salt, black pepper and lemon zest. Whisk until the salt has dissolved. Add the salmon fillets and let soak for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine the teaspoon of sea salt with the teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper mixture over the skillet and add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Cook until the salmon skins are browned and crispy, about 8 minutes, and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper mixture over the tops of the fillets. Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 8 minutes, until flaky and done. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
274 calories, 12g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 564mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 40g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook